Within, it happened. New life, new dreams. Once someone’s fortune, now ruined. Built in the good times, when the young couple had not been dealt their cruel fate. Their plan to add rooms for an expanding family was never fulfilled. The land was also barren. First there was silence, then blame. At last he snapped. A knife picked up in haste. They found her in his arms and had to prise her stiffened body away. He lives but wishes he didn’t, trapped within his prison. None will now live where dreams died.
Thanks go out to Madison for running her Friday Fictioneers.
Join this week as writers from around the globe gather on Friday at Madison-woods.com to share 100-word stories based on a photo prompt:
How to become a Fictioneer
- Write a 100-word story (more or less, and it’s okay if you didn’t use this picture for inspiration)
- Post your story to your blog on Friday (or just link to it tomorrow if you wrote earlier)
- If you’re a WordPress user, include “Friday Fictioneers” as one of your tags so you’ll show up on the tag search.
- Comment on Madison’s story Friday and post a link to your story.
- Tweet your link to @madison_woods and include the tag #FridayFictioneers if you’re on Twitter.
- Follow the read and comment schedule listed above the picture. If the comment forms allow, leave your link on all your comments, so others can find you and us later on.
- Check back often because participants post throughout the day.
- Get psyched up to do this again next week