Buzz is a cool dude. A perfect specimen. He sits on his perch, displaying his attributes for all to see. There is a glint in his eye when he spots his prey. Then he considers his move. Take them off guard, his father trained him. Sneak up from behind, his big brother explained. Be dominant, his mother cautioned.
Poor Buzz. He can’t help himself. As he swoops his mouth opens and the warning sounds.
Once again all of the submissive girls scatter and he is unfulfilled.
Sorry everyone but I just had to break my trend of dark stories so I have quite blatantly been influenced by a very popular theme in the literary world at the moment (although I haven’t yet read it). Enjoy.
Thanks go out to Madison for running her Friday Fictioneers.
Join this week as writers from around the globe gather on Friday at Madison-woods.com to share 100-word stories based on a photo prompt:
How to become a Fictioneer
- Write a 100-word story (more or less, and it’s okay if you didn’t use this picture for inspiration)
- Post your story to your blog on Friday (or just link to it tomorrow if you wrote earlier)
- If you’re a WordPress user, include “Friday Fictioneers” as one of your tags so you’ll show up on the tag search.
- Comment on Madison’s story Friday and post a link to your story.
- Tweet your link to @madison_woods and include the tag #FridayFictioneers if you’re on Twitter.
- Follow the read and comment schedule listed above the picture. If the comment forms allow, leave your link on all your comments, so others can find you and us later on.
- Check back often because participants post throughout the day.
- Get psyched up to do this again next week