Firstly thank you to Nina of http://www.awritersfountain.wordpress.com for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award. I am touched by the tribute. I am doing my thing in stages as I am under pressure to finish my novel so forgive the delay but my own nominations will be made in a few days.
11 Facts about me
1. In my previous life I was a nurse and midwife
2. I sailed across the Atlantic
3. I speak some Spanish
4. I love to dance.
5. I am a course junkie and love studying.
6. I did a practical course about motor maintenance and used to be able to do all of my own car service.
7. I was on the cover of a motoring magazine in my younger days.
8. I had a poem published when I was 14 years old.
9. I love popcorn.
10. I read everything including the back of the cereal box.
11. I write from my dark side but am ever so jolly in real life.
The 11 Questions that Nina asked me to answer;
- What is your favourite book?This is a difficult question to answer as I love so many books for many different reasons. Some of my favourites are ‘Shadow of the Wind’, ‘The Pursuit of Happiness’, ‘We Need to Talk About Kevin’, ‘Pride and Prejudice’, ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’, ‘Wild Swans’
- What would be your chosen pen name? Lindy the bestselling author
- What’s your favourite film(s)? Gone With the Wind (I’m a romantic at heart)
- Do you have any hobbies or things you like to do in your spare time? I love dancing modern jive and zumba, reading, writing of course, learning Spanish (there are not enough hours in the day)
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would that be? Everywhere. I love travelling. My favourite place was the Antartic – I couldn’t get enough of ice and penguins.
- The greatest lesson you have learnt in life? Happiness is being with people I love.
- Your hopes for the future? (Could be your future, the planet, your Country) To stay healthy and win the lottery so that I can give my kids a house.
- Name three things you did this morning. Went to gym (yuck), posted a competition entry, waved at someone out of my window.
- What was your first job? Breaking chicken at a fast food restaurant; then I got to toss the burgers.
- Who is your hero/ person you admire and are inspired by? My daughter. She has not allowed setbacks in life to get her down and reminds me that she is the greatest achievement in my life.
- If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be? I would have the energy that I had in my 20’s, the passion of my 30’s, the wisdom and patience of my 40’s; more than one I know but the list could go on.
Have fun and display your banners proudly!